- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
FFK reacts as crowd stones Buhari, Oshiomhole in APC Ogun rally
Femi Fani-Kayode, the former Minister of Aviation has reacted to attack on President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole on Monday at the party’s rally held in Abeokuta.
President Buhari, alongside Oshiomhole and other party members were stoned with materials suspected to be shoes and stones as he raised the hand of APC governorship candidate,Dapo Abiodun.
As a result of the violence, activities at the MKO Abiola International Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta, was paused for some minutes as bodyguards guarded the president to avoid being hit by the objects being thrown at him and other party members.
The development angered the leaders of the party, including former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, who left the podium while the President was making his remarks.
Watch the video below.
Reacting, Fani Kayode mocked Buhari, saying the attack is “payback from the Lord for your cruelty to Nigerians over the last 3 years.”
On his Twitter page, he wrote: “First you were booed and jeered and now you are being stoned at your own party rally! Shame on you Buhari!
“The Lord is paying you back for your cruelty to Nigerians over the last 3 years! God’s judgement is upon you for your evil and wicked ways and this is just the beginning!”