- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on February 11, 2019 arraigned one Lilian Bisi Kadiri before Justice Adebukola Banjoko of Federal Capital Territory, FCT High Court, Maitama, on a one-count charge bordering on obtaining money by false pretence.
Lilian was alleged to have at various times collected a total sum of N21,450,000 from her victim in the guise that she was going to help secure jobs for his relatives.
She, however, failed to help secure any jobs, and did not refund the money collected.
The count reads in part:
“That you, Lilian Bisi Kadiri, between May 2014 and March 2015 within the Abuja judicial division of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory obtained the sum of N21,450,000 (Twenty One Million Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) from one Christopher Aneke, which was paid into your Skye Bank account under the false pretence that you are capable of securing employment for his relatives, which pretence you knew to be false, and you hereby commited an offence contrary to Section(1)(a)of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Fraud Related Offences Act (2006) and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act 2006.”
See her photo below;