- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Serena Williams returns to top 10 in tennis rankings for the first time since taking a break to have first child
American Tennis star, Serena Williams, 37, has returned to the top 10 in the tennis rankings for the first time since taking a break to have her first child.
The mother of one who dropped as low as 491st upon her return in March 2018 is now ranked No 10 after reaching two Grand Slam finals since. She lost to Angelique Kerber at Wimbledon and Naomi Osaka at the US Open.
Osaka remains at the top of the rankings after winning back-to-back Grand Slams. Simona Halep is second and Sloane Stephens is third, while Petra Kvitova dropped to fourth.
Check out the full list below.
1. Naomi Osaka (Jpn) 6970 Pts
2. Simona Halep (Rom) 5537
3. Sloane Stephens (USA) 5307
4. Petra Kvitova (Cze) 5120
5. Karolina Pliskova (Cze) 5055
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukr) 5020
7. Angelique Kerber (Ger) 4960
8. Kiki Bertens (Ned) 4885
9. Aryna Sabalenka (Blr) 3565
10. Serena Williams (USA) 3406