- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Deported Nigerian Footballer Arrested In India For Using Fake Visa
A 31-year-old Nigerian footballer identified as Daniel Bidemi was arrested, on Tuesday, at Anandapur, for allegedly using a fake visa to re-enter and stay in India, despite being deported approximately four years ago.
He was produced before the concerned court and was remanded in judicial custody. According to police sources, Bidemi used to play football in Kolkata for several clubs. .
He was staying with his wife who hails from the state, at a rented flat in Madurdah. However, the Police found that he had forged a visa to re-enter the country after being deported through the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 2015. .
Bidemi had a live-in relationship with a young woman before he was deported. Recently, he came back and married the same woman. Sleuths suspect that he had married the woman so as to stay in India.