- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Deported Nigerian Footballer Arrested In India For Using Fake Visa
A 31-year-old Nigerian footballer identified as Daniel Bidemi was arrested, on Tuesday, at Anandapur, for allegedly using a fake visa to re-enter and stay in India, despite being deported approximately four years ago.
He was produced before the concerned court and was remanded in judicial custody. According to police sources, Bidemi used to play football in Kolkata for several clubs. .
He was staying with his wife who hails from the state, at a rented flat in Madurdah. However, the Police found that he had forged a visa to re-enter the country after being deported through the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 2015. .
Bidemi had a live-in relationship with a young woman before he was deported. Recently, he came back and married the same woman. Sleuths suspect that he had married the woman so as to stay in India.