- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Deported Nigerian Footballer Arrested In India For Using Fake Visa
A 31-year-old Nigerian footballer identified as Daniel Bidemi was arrested, on Tuesday, at Anandapur, for allegedly using a fake visa to re-enter and stay in India, despite being deported approximately four years ago.
He was produced before the concerned court and was remanded in judicial custody. According to police sources, Bidemi used to play football in Kolkata for several clubs. .
He was staying with his wife who hails from the state, at a rented flat in Madurdah. However, the Police found that he had forged a visa to re-enter the country after being deported through the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 2015. .
Bidemi had a live-in relationship with a young woman before he was deported. Recently, he came back and married the same woman. Sleuths suspect that he had married the woman so as to stay in India.