- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Sporadic gunshots, bombs scare voters in Rivers
Voters in Buguma-Kalabari, the headquarters of Asari-Toru LGA of Rivers State are scared of coming out to exercise their franchise, in view of sporadic gunshots and sounds of bombs and dynamites.
The Rivers Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ojukaye Flag-Amachree, and a former militant “General,” Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, an ex-President of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), are from Buguma.
Persons behind the gunshots and throwing of dynamites and bombs into private and public places in Buguma are yet to be ascertained, but the jittery voters are scampering to safety, to avoid being hit by stray bullets.