- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
- Police accidentally shoot Election observer dead in Enugu
Sporadic gunshots, bombs scare voters in Rivers
Voters in Buguma-Kalabari, the headquarters of Asari-Toru LGA of Rivers State are scared of coming out to exercise their franchise, in view of sporadic gunshots and sounds of bombs and dynamites.
The Rivers Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ojukaye Flag-Amachree, and a former militant “General,” Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, an ex-President of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), are from Buguma.
Persons behind the gunshots and throwing of dynamites and bombs into private and public places in Buguma are yet to be ascertained, but the jittery voters are scampering to safety, to avoid being hit by stray bullets.