- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
British boxer Anthony Joshua is, no doubt, one of Nigeria’s national treasure. Given the fact that the heavyweight champion is of Nigerian descent, many within the country cannot stop seeing him as their hero.
Moreso, the boxer has never tried to deny his origin or ancestral heritage. Rather, he embraces it well and this is one thing that has endeared many Nigerians to him.
Recently, Anthony Joshua took to cracking up his Nigerian fans by attempting to speak his Nigerian indigenous language Yoruba. The boxer whose family house is in Shagamu made a show of speaking the native tongue.
However, one cannot help but notice how his words were laced with the British accent. For this reason, the friends around him made jest of him and made reference to his hometown.
Anthony Joshua joined in the fun by laughing and responding to the teases of his friends. He was apparently having the time of his life just practising this indigenous language of his.
See the video below:
The video which was shared by Ayo Shonaiya accumulated quite a number of comments from Nigerians who found Joshua’s act very endearing. See some of the reactions below:
danielsync: “My fellow #ijebu Mite.”
pera_cash: “My Champ ! Can’t wait for June 1 . All the way lead to nyc . My ticket intact.”
kokunfoundation: “Proudly Shagamite! Proud to be from there”
curvenigeria: “Black and Proud … much to Ijebu peeps!”
olumideoluseyeoluwole: “Sagamu is Remo and not Ijebu ooo”
Recently, Nigerians showed how much they loved the British boxer by taking to his defence after a colleague of his shoved him during a pre-fight meetup. Quite a number of celebrities thrashed this individual for daring to lay his hands on a proud Naija boy.