- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Atiku holds first meeting with Obasanjo since Presidential election loss
The Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alh. Atiku Abubakar was in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, on Thursday for a private meeting with his former boss, Olusegun Obasanjo.
Atiku who arrived Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, around 1:00 pm, observed his prayer at the mosque within the sprawling OOPL facility, had lunch later with his host and left quietly, a source close to the Ebora Owu, told The Nation.
It was not clear what the former Vice – President discussed with Obasanjo during his short visit, but there were insinuations that both might have deliberated on the last Presidential election which Atiku contested on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) but lost to the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“I can confirm that Atiku visited Baba Obasanjo today around 1: pm. It was purely private visit. He came, observed his prayer, had lunch with Baba and left. The visit was brief. There was nothing else done,” the source said.