- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
We Have Totally Rejected Him – Godswill Akpabio’s Cousin Shades Him After Election Loss
Ukpong, cousin to Godswill Akpabio, says the people of Essien Udim local government area of the state have totally rejected the All Progressives Congress (APC) senator.
Ukpong spoke when he alongside some stakeholders from the local government marched to the state press centre in Uyo to protest the electoral offences and irregularities “masterminded by the senator and his cohorts.”
He accused the former governor of Akwa Ibom of intimidating and assaulting officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
“Essien Udim people condemn in strong terms the various electoral offenses and irregularities masterminded and perpetrated by Senator Akpabio and his cohorts in which almost all the election processes in the area were marred by unlawful militarisation, rigging and assault on Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) electoral officers,” read a communiqué jointly signed by the stakeholders, including Akpabio’s cousin.
“The atrocities include carting away of electoral materials and kidnapping of INEC ad hoc workers, with military help, to the home of Ibanga Akpabio.
“Senator Akpabio and his cohorts, apart from assaulting INEC workers, also beat and machete some PDP faithful to unconsciousness… we as a people have totally rejected him (Akpabio).”
The political leaders in Akpabio’s area alleged that one Idorenyin Akpabio of SARS, in company of other police men, shot at the people indiscriminately.
Speaking on the election, they insisted that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won in units where elections held, and result sheets intact. They also said any other result is fake and did not represent the people’s votes.
The political leaders rejected the results released so far by the electoral body. They also condemned the cancellation of results in nine wards in the council area.
They advised senator to stop advertising “his declining and dwindling political status through interviews as such will continue to deepen his failing image.”