- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
About 30 houses were also reported to have been burnt down by the bandits.
Similar attacks on many communities in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state in the past one week had claimed over 100 lives, with hundreds of the people displaced.
Sources said the attack on Nandu -Gbok, occured at about 4:00am on Saturday when the gunmen, laid siege to the community.
According to sources, the bandits who were in large number and armed with guns, machetes and sticks, started shooting sporadically on arrival in the community.
“We were woken up by heavy gunshots, there was confusion, everybody was running to the bush. They set houses ablaze. Ten people were killed, some people were burnt to death, many others were injured, some people are still missing,” a source said in a telephone interview with Thisday Correspondent.
Confirming the killings in a statement on Saturday, Hon. Shehu Nicholas Garba, member of House of Representatives, representing Sanga/Jama’a federal constituency, condemned the attack, saying the attack came when victims of the massacres in communities in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state were being mourned.
“We woke up this morning to the sad news of an attack by gunmen on Nandu Gbok, a community in Sanga LGA of Kaduna State. “About 10 bodies have been recovered and about 30 Houses confirmed burnt down.
“That the latest attack is coming while we are mourning and trying to deal with the devastating massacre wrought on the Adara People (in Kajuru LGA) has, once again, brought to the fore the plight of the indigenous people of Southern Kaduna” the lawmaker said in the statement.
He said the Sanga Local Government Chairman and other stakeholders were assessing and trying to deal with the unfortunate situation. While condolling the families of the victims, Garba appealed to communities in the area to remain calm and not to contemplate any reprisals.
He appealed to security agencies in the state to reinforce their presence in Sanga, especially in the affected community with the aim of stopping further attack and fishing out the perpetrators of this heinous crime.