- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Jos Cultists mistake Electrician for rival, cut off his wrist (photo)
Cultists slash wrist of innocent man they thought was their rival in Jos
27-year-old Sani Muhammad, an electrician, has lost his wrist and sustained serious injuries after he found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
According to reports, Sani who resides at Yan Cement area of Rikkos in Plateau state, had gone out to drink some tea at one of the tea vendors in his area when the incident happened. Sadly, while he was there, some cult members stormed the area in search of their rival and when they couldn’t find them, they descended on Sani, slashed his his wrist and stabbed him on the head and forehead.
He was rushed to Jos University Teaching Hospital where he was treated.
The assailants were however arrested and paraded today at the police headquarters. They confessed to the crime and will be charged to court soon.