- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Celebration of half victory – Man says as he tells Davido not to celebrate his uncle’s ruling yet
On Friday, March 22, Senator Ademola Adeleke had been victorious after the election tribunal judgment on Osun 2018 governorship election ruled in his favour.
A petition had earlier been filed by the People’s Democratic Party and it’s governorship candidate, Adeleke, challenging the outcome of the gubernatorial election held in September 2018.
We have previously reported that singer Davido took to social media to celebrate his uncle’s victory. The singer shared different tweets talking about the victory and how they are finally going to Osun state government house.
Despite the electoral tribunal’s ruling, the members of the All Progressives Congress and their candidate, Adegboyega Oyetola, refused to accept Adeleke’s victory, and they have taken the case to the Supreme court.
His excellency: David which way to the Government house ?
David: DAT WAY !!!! I INTRODUCE TO YOU HIS EXCELLENCY GOV ADEMOLA NURUDEEN ADELEKE THE GOVERNOR OF OSUN STATE ! 🙏🏽🤩 @IsiakaAdeleke1 pic.twitter.com/Xwo9A1tInU
— Davido (@iam_Davido) March 22, 2019
Due to this, a Nigerian man had taken to Twitter to ask Davido not to celebrate yet, since the case is not final.
The Nigerian man identified as Emmanuel Mejabi mocked the singer and said he should not cry when the court declares Oyetola winner.
“Celebration of half – victory, hope you will not cry again if supreme court declare Oyetola winner at the end of the day.”
However, Davido took the high road and told the man that he is entitled to his own opinion. He replied in pidgin. “Nah una know.”
Nah una know https://t.co/bKjCrftBfC
— Davido (@iam_Davido) March 23, 2019