- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Newspaper vendor commits suicide in Delta after he was told to pay his debts
A 42 year old newspaper vendor has committed suicide inside his one room apartment in the Okpe road area of Sapele, Delta State today Thursday, April 4th.
According to reports, the deceased simply identified as Amaechi, was a native Kwale in the state. He neighbors said they last saw him on Monday April 1st.
”We last saw him on Monday when he was leaving the house, nobody knew when he came back to the house. We never knew he had hanged himself in his room. It was only this morning when we were beginning to inhale some foul odour and people has been coming to ask of him that we suspected foul play. He is a very reserved person and hardly talk to anybody. You hardly find him with anybody, male or female” a neighbor said
His colleagues at the Newspaper Vendors office allege that he might have taken his life because of the money he was owing some persons.
“He came on Monday and we told him to try and pay what he is owing and he left, later we went to look for him but we could not find him, only for us to hear he has hanged himself ” one of his colleagues who craved anonymity said