- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
NFF Gives Update On Former Eagles’ Coach, Christian Chukwu’s Condition
Chairman of the Enugu State Football Association and member of the NFF Executive Committee, Hon. Chidi Ofo Okenwa has given update on the health condition of Nigeria legend, Christian Chukwuemeka Chukwu.
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick had mandated Okenwa to pay a visit to ‘Chairman Chukwu’ and avail him of the correct state of things following an outcry at the weekend over situation of Nigeria’s 1980 AFCON–winning team captain.
Speaking to thenff.com on Monday evening following his visit to the former defender, Okenwa reported that Chukwu was in very stable condition and was being adequately taken care of in a world–class medical facility in Enugu State.
“In all sincerity, I never knew this kind of hospital existed anywhere east of the Niger. It is a world–class facility, with highly qualified medical doctors and nurses. The doctors are on top of Chukwu’s matter and I can tell you that I met ‘Chairman’ in a very stable condition. I met a Christian Chukwu that talks and eats normally and is of sound mind and spirit.
“I want to express appreciation to the Management of Rangers International FC of Enugu and the Executive Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Lawrence Ugwuanyi for the prompt attention given to Chukwu’s medical issue. I also want to thank the President of NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick for his quick reaction after reading about the health issue
“I want to assure Nigerians from all walks of life that their former captain, their legend, Christian Chukwu is in good condition and in good hands. I am assured by the doctors that there is no cause for alarm, and that if there is any need to fly him abroad for further checks, they would promptly so advise.”