- BREAKING: Channels TV reporter shot during Shi’ites protest is dead
- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
NFF Gives Update On Former Eagles’ Coach, Christian Chukwu’s Condition
Chairman of the Enugu State Football Association and member of the NFF Executive Committee, Hon. Chidi Ofo Okenwa has given update on the health condition of Nigeria legend, Christian Chukwuemeka Chukwu.
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick had mandated Okenwa to pay a visit to ‘Chairman Chukwu’ and avail him of the correct state of things following an outcry at the weekend over situation of Nigeria’s 1980 AFCON–winning team captain.
Speaking to thenff.com on Monday evening following his visit to the former defender, Okenwa reported that Chukwu was in very stable condition and was being adequately taken care of in a world–class medical facility in Enugu State.
“In all sincerity, I never knew this kind of hospital existed anywhere east of the Niger. It is a world–class facility, with highly qualified medical doctors and nurses. The doctors are on top of Chukwu’s matter and I can tell you that I met ‘Chairman’ in a very stable condition. I met a Christian Chukwu that talks and eats normally and is of sound mind and spirit.
“I want to express appreciation to the Management of Rangers International FC of Enugu and the Executive Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Lawrence Ugwuanyi for the prompt attention given to Chukwu’s medical issue. I also want to thank the President of NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick for his quick reaction after reading about the health issue
“I want to assure Nigerians from all walks of life that their former captain, their legend, Christian Chukwu is in good condition and in good hands. I am assured by the doctors that there is no cause for alarm, and that if there is any need to fly him abroad for further checks, they would promptly so advise.”