- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
See Pictures Of The FIFA Women’s World Cup trophy As It Lands In Abuja
Pioneers of women’s football development in the country have been eulogized for their commitment to raising the standard of the game. The Minister of Youth and Sports Barrister Solomon Dalung praised the women’s football pioneers when he received a FIFA delegation on the Women’s World Cup trophy tour in his office on Thursday in Abuja.
He welcomed the FIFA team comprising Sarai Bareman, Nichole Fisch, Venessa Marques and FIFA Legend Osaze Peter Odemwingie to the Nigeria leg of the Women’s World Cup Trophy Tour and remarked that no country on the African continent can appreciate the significance of the FIFA Women’s World Cup more than Nigeria.
The Women’s World Cup trophy is on a tour of all 24 countries qualified to participate at the 8th FIFA Women’s World Cup finals taking place in nine cities in France, 7th June – 7th July this year.
Barrister Dalung who was represented by the Acting Permanent Secretary Mrs Hauwa Kulu Akinyemi also paid glowing tributes to Princess Bola Jegede, late Mrs Simbiat Abiola, Elder Eddington Kujebola, Alhaja Ayo Omidiran, Larry Eze and Prince Oladimeji amongst many others, for their noble role in spurring the development of the women’s game in the country.
The Minister however pledged government’s commitment to supporting the development of football in all ramifications in the country.