- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies
You can easily make them without using a mixer for the preparation.
This cookie recipe is very simple. The resulting cookies are deliciously chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can easily make them without using a mixer for the preparation. Let’s get baking.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
1 cup dark chocolate chunks (crush a bar of dark chocolate)
What to do:
In a large bowl, add the sugar and melted butter. Mix well with a wooden spatula. Add the full egg and egg yolk. Mix well until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt then slowly add the flour mixture into the egg mixture as you continue to stir with a spatula.
At this point, the mixture will get doughy and become difficult to stir. Keep the spatula aside and mix well with your hands. Ensure you don’t overwork the dough.
Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix well then cover and set in the fridge for about 30 minutes to rest.
Remove from fridge and use an ice cream scoop to portion the size of each cookie. Once scooped, mold the cookie dough into a round shape with your hand and arrange on a flat baking tray lined with a sheet of grease-proof paper. Ensure you leave enough space in-between the cookies so that they don’t touch one another when baking.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15-18 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Serve with a glass of cold milk.