- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies
You can easily make them without using a mixer for the preparation.
This cookie recipe is very simple. The resulting cookies are deliciously chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. You can easily make them without using a mixer for the preparation. Let’s get baking.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
1 cup dark chocolate chunks (crush a bar of dark chocolate)
What to do:
In a large bowl, add the sugar and melted butter. Mix well with a wooden spatula. Add the full egg and egg yolk. Mix well until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt then slowly add the flour mixture into the egg mixture as you continue to stir with a spatula.
At this point, the mixture will get doughy and become difficult to stir. Keep the spatula aside and mix well with your hands. Ensure you don’t overwork the dough.
Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix well then cover and set in the fridge for about 30 minutes to rest.
Remove from fridge and use an ice cream scoop to portion the size of each cookie. Once scooped, mold the cookie dough into a round shape with your hand and arrange on a flat baking tray lined with a sheet of grease-proof paper. Ensure you leave enough space in-between the cookies so that they don’t touch one another when baking.
Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15-18 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Serve with a glass of cold milk.