- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Over 15 Villagers Killed By Suspected Herdsmen At An Overnight Party (Photos)
Armed men suspected to be herdsmen unleased terror on Kochum (Numa) community in Akwanga Local Government Area of Nasarawa State on Sunday, killing 15 persons, mostly women.
According to reports, the people were killed by the armed men in a social gathering at night. The latest attack is coming roughly 20-days after attacked on Mante and Nidam villages of the Area reportedly claimed two(2) lives while houses and property worth thousands of naira destroyed.
As n-Mirror learnt, the surviving victims who sustained different degree of injuries have been admitted at some selected healthcare centres while others fled their homes for safety.
The Sunday’s killings has sparked off protests in Akwanga town, demanding for end to the bloodshed. Addressing the protesters, Senator Philip Gyunka appealed to government rise up to its responsibility of protecting lives and property.
Senator Gyunka who represents Nasarawa North however sued for calm, warning against reprisal attack. Also addressing a crowd of protesters, President Kyuni Umaru urged government to match words with action. The protesters were carrying placard with different inscriptions to press home their grievances.