- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Photos of 2 Nigerian drug dealers arrested in Philippines with drugs worth N125m
Two Nigerians have been arrested by Phillipine Police with about N125 million worth of methamphetamine.
Operatives arrested a Nigerian businessman identified as Azubuike Obiaghanwa Onwigbolu, 32, a resident of Angeles City, Pampanga, at 2:15 a.m. on Sunday, Police Maj. Ma. Luisa Calubaquib, spokeswoman of the Bicol regional police, said.
The operation against the other Nigerian, Onwigbolu happened at Barangay Triangulo, Naga City through a buy-bust operation, wherein a Philippine National Police (PNP) personnel acted as a poseur buyer and bought 200 grams of “shabu” amounting to P400,000.
Following the arrest of the Nigerian, police operatives recovered P16 million worth of the drugs, Calubaquib said, Bicol Standard reports.
Before Sunday’s arrest, similar buy bust operations were held on Saturday that resulted in the arrests of Mbaneto Sopuluchukwu alias “Hermann Kurt Philip,” 22, also identified as a Nigerian from Acacia Estage in Manila; and Judith Balaquiao-Camacho, 46, from Bombon, Camarines Sur.
A poseur buyer and an informant from the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Bicol and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Camarines Sur bought 100 grams of “shabu” using fake money.