- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo wins Stoke City player of the year (Photo)
Super Eagles midfielder, Oghenekaro Etebo has been named Stoke City’s Player of the Year after his outstanding performance for the Championship Club.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder who made 32 appearances including scoring twice and providing two assists for the club, received his trophy on Sunday at the bet365 Stadium.
Etebo, who arrived Stoke City in June 2018 for a fee of £6.35m after a six-month loan spell at Spanish side Las Palmas took to Instagram to celebrate his win.
‘It’s a thing of joy winning the SW Stoke City player of the year and I just want to use the opportunity to appreciate the Fans for their support though we didn’t achieve our goals and main target for the season but we still need to keep up the positivity that’s why we all love the game!!! Once again respect from my heart to you guys.’