- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
EPL: Chelsea midfielder beaten up by 6 men at nightclub for trying to take another player’s girlfriend home
Chelsea midfielder, Danny Drinkwater was beaten up by six men outside a nightclub after flirting with another footballer’s girlfriend, last night, according to The Sun.
Drinkwater is currently on loan at Burnley and is out of action for six weeks due to injury.
The newspaper revealed the England international was the victim of an assault at Manchester’s Chinawhite club in the early hours of pp Sunday.
Drinkwater clashed with Scunthorpe United’s Kgosi Ntlhe after trying to take the League Two defender’s girlfriend home.
It is claimed the pair were kicked out by security, before six men reportedly pounced on Drinkwater and beat him with a blunt object.
A source told The Sun: “At one point he was curled up in a ball on the ground, as they repeatedly jumped up and down on his ankle and shouting, ‘Break his legs’.
“They knew he was a Premier League star and it was his livelihood. There was blood everywhere, and it was all incredibly nasty.
“He will address the concerns of those at the club privately, and honestly.”