- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
EPL: Chelsea midfielder beaten up by 6 men at nightclub for trying to take another player’s girlfriend home
Chelsea midfielder, Danny Drinkwater was beaten up by six men outside a nightclub after flirting with another footballer’s girlfriend, last night, according to The Sun.
Drinkwater is currently on loan at Burnley and is out of action for six weeks due to injury.
The newspaper revealed the England international was the victim of an assault at Manchester’s Chinawhite club in the early hours of pp Sunday.
Drinkwater clashed with Scunthorpe United’s Kgosi Ntlhe after trying to take the League Two defender’s girlfriend home.
It is claimed the pair were kicked out by security, before six men reportedly pounced on Drinkwater and beat him with a blunt object.
A source told The Sun: “At one point he was curled up in a ball on the ground, as they repeatedly jumped up and down on his ankle and shouting, ‘Break his legs’.
“They knew he was a Premier League star and it was his livelihood. There was blood everywhere, and it was all incredibly nasty.
“He will address the concerns of those at the club privately, and honestly.”