- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Kelechi Iheanacho has been blamed by Leicester manager, Brendan Rodgers, after he missed a last minute chance to dent Manchester City’s Premier League title hopes.
Rogers, who believes the player has performed below expectation, this season, said there are no big chances in a big game like this and Iheanacho should have utilized the only opportunity he had.
“He should score, I said that to him afterwards, in the big games there are not many moments.“It was tight, we were very, very good in our defensive organisations. They didn’t have many chances and we didn’t have many. But the one that came, you have to score that. He knows.
“It’s moments when you can come into the game and make an impact, he’s a great boy, works very, very hard in training.
“He’s got in front of him a top-class operator in Jamie [Vardy] so it’s difficult for him to find rhythm. However, it’s moments like that where you can make an impact. He’s actually done that in the other games.
“It was a big chance for him. The ball was there and it was on his good side. But it wasn’t to be. He got himself in the position … I felt we would have deserved that at least,” Rodgers told a news conference after the match.
The Nigerian striker has only found the back of the net once in this season.
Watch the Video:
Would want to believe Iheanacho missed this on purpose.
….or man is just finished. 🤦🏽♂
— Ayodeji Ayodeji (@AyodejiX2) May 6, 2019