- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
Man allegedly kills friend in Ogun
The police in Ogun State have arrested a 28-year-old man for allegedly stabbing his friend to death.
A fight was said to have ensued and Olohunwa allegedly stabbed Taiwo with a knife in the chest and back.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), said a report was made at Ogijo Division by Mr. Wasiu Raheem, who brought Taiwo to the station.
“On the strength of the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) Ogijo, Baba Muhammed, a Chief Superintendent (CSP), detailed his detectives to the scene where the suspect was arrested.
“The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, but died while receiving treatment. His body has been deposited at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu for autopsy.
“Police Commissioner Bashir Makama has ordered the transfer of the suspect to the homicide section for further investigation and prosecution,” he said.