- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
Man allegedly kills friend in Ogun
The police in Ogun State have arrested a 28-year-old man for allegedly stabbing his friend to death.
A fight was said to have ensued and Olohunwa allegedly stabbed Taiwo with a knife in the chest and back.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), said a report was made at Ogijo Division by Mr. Wasiu Raheem, who brought Taiwo to the station.
“On the strength of the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) Ogijo, Baba Muhammed, a Chief Superintendent (CSP), detailed his detectives to the scene where the suspect was arrested.
“The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, but died while receiving treatment. His body has been deposited at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu for autopsy.
“Police Commissioner Bashir Makama has ordered the transfer of the suspect to the homicide section for further investigation and prosecution,” he said.