- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Actresses who ‘bleach’ have nothing to offer – Adebimpe Oyebade
Adebimpe Oyebade who copped the ‘The Best New Actress 2018’ award in the Yoruba section of the City People Awards, has stated that actresses who bleach have nothing to offer.
The actress who revealed that the favourite part of her body is her skin colour as it makes her unique in the industry, added that it also gets her movie roles.
Adebimpe Oyebade who maintained that actresses who ‘bleach’ have nothing to offer in the interview with Sunday Scoop, said;
“My favourite part of my body is my skin colour as it makes me unique in the industry. I’m dark and I’m proud of it. As a matter of fact, I have got movie roles because of my dark skin.
It is a blessing to me. Actresses who ‘bleach’ their skins are not confident and don’t believe in themselves. They also probably don’t have anything to offer, because if they do, they wouldn’t go down that route. Dark-skinned girls are doing well in the industry. I have never been discriminated against because of my complexion.”
On what fame has robbed her of she said.
Fame has robbed me of my privacy. I cannot just post whatever I want on social media without getting judged. Also, I can’t vent my anger when I’m angry. A lot of people don’t understand that we are also humans with emotions.
Everything about us is in the public space and there is nothing we can do about it.”