- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Why Naira Marley was not released — EFCC
EFCC reveals why rapper, Naira Marley is still in detention and wasn’t released alongside Zlatan
On Tuesday evening, EFCC released fast rising Nigerian rapper, Zlatan Ibile following his arrest alongside fellow rapper Naira Marley and three others over their alleged involvement with cybercrime on Friday 10th March.
Zlatan was released alongside his crew Tiamiu Abdulrahman Kayode, Adewunmi Adeyanju Moses, and Abubakar Musa, leaving only Naira Marley in detention.
Now EFCC spokesman, Tony Orilade in a new statement confirmed that the suspects were released on administrative bail and also revealed why Naira Marley is still in detention .
“There is overwhelming evidence against Naira Marley; so we can’t afford to release him on administrative bail like Zlatan and the three others.
“That Zlatan has been released does not mean they have been discharged and acquitted. Naira Marley is still in our custody and will be charged to court soon and we will make the charges known in an official statement soon.”