- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Why Naira Marley was not released — EFCC
EFCC reveals why rapper, Naira Marley is still in detention and wasn’t released alongside Zlatan
On Tuesday evening, EFCC released fast rising Nigerian rapper, Zlatan Ibile following his arrest alongside fellow rapper Naira Marley and three others over their alleged involvement with cybercrime on Friday 10th March.
Zlatan was released alongside his crew Tiamiu Abdulrahman Kayode, Adewunmi Adeyanju Moses, and Abubakar Musa, leaving only Naira Marley in detention.
Now EFCC spokesman, Tony Orilade in a new statement confirmed that the suspects were released on administrative bail and also revealed why Naira Marley is still in detention .
“There is overwhelming evidence against Naira Marley; so we can’t afford to release him on administrative bail like Zlatan and the three others.
“That Zlatan has been released does not mean they have been discharged and acquitted. Naira Marley is still in our custody and will be charged to court soon and we will make the charges known in an official statement soon.”