- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
“You are a low-budget idiot” Nigerians drag comic actor, Okon, for defending the arrest and alleged sexual molestation of Abuja women
Nigerians are currently bashing comic actor, Imeh Bishop Umoh, over his comment on the recent arrest and alleged sexual molestation of women accused of being sex workers in Abuja.
Recall that two weeks ago, over 70 women were arrested by men of the Abuja police command for allegedly being sex workers. The arrested women accused the police officers of raping them on the night they were arrested.
In a video he posted earlier today, Okon stated that there is no way what the policemen did to those women can be termed rape because rape is forcefully taking a woman’s dignity. He opined that sex workers do not have any dignity that can be taken. He added that the policemen simply stole from the women because they forcefully took the product they are selling (sex) and did not pay. Therefore what the policemen did should be seen as theft, not as rape. Read here.
Nigerians found his comment distasteful. See their reactions below…