- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
303 cartons of of smuggled Tramadol intercepted in Kano State
Kano State Police Command has intercepted 303 cartons of illicit drugs (Tramadol Tablets) transported to the state.
Wakili Muhammad, the state Police Commissioner told reporters on Friday in Kano, that the illicit drugs (303 cartons of Tramadol Tablets) were intercepted at No. 157 Miller Road Bompai Nassarawa LGA Kano, at Ugo Lab Manufacturing company based on tip-off.
“We have also arrested one suspect Chris Metuh of the same address,” said Wakili.
He noted that four other suspects namely Aliyu Khalid ,Ibrahim Alasan Mohammad Ahmad and Chukwujekwu Felix were arrested with rubber of suck and die, two cutlasses, a breaking implement and large quantities of illicit drugs.
According to him, the suspects would be prosecuted whenever investigations are completed. He assured the command’s effort to rid the state in all forms of crimes especially dealing in hard drugs (Kwaya) and intoxicating substances.