- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
Beautiful female pilot without arms defies all odds, flies plane with feet
Arizona-born Jessica Cox describes herself on her Facebook profile as the first arm less pilot who believes in a future where people passionately pursue their dreams with resilience to overcome any challenge.
Since she was born without arms, Jessica became fascinated by the limitless ways the human body can adjust to a variety of circumstances and as a result, she developed passion to fly a plane but with her feet.
“I utilized dormant physical traits to adapt and use my feet the way people use their hands. As I learned to conquer physical barriers, I developed mental skills that allowed me to go on to achieve the seemingly impossible in my own, unique way,” she said on her bio.
Her journey to inspire generations did not come easily as people often told she could not do something because she had no fore limb but all these only motivated her to push even further.
“Being the first person to do this is pretty incredible, but I wanted to do this because it was about conquering my fear,” she told KTVK News.
The 36-year-old motivational speaker hopes to use her physical state to change the world and inspire those living with disability through building authentic confidence in them despite daily challenges.
There is a #secret to #success that has been shared with successful entrepreneurs for more than 80 years. The Secret? There is no secret! Napoleon Hill started it and now we continue it May 3 & 4 in Los Angeles.#Discount code: ATI https://t.co/Xg3MOfnJXN pic.twitter.com/dD65kS073Z
— Jessica Cox (@jess_feet) April 29, 2019
We have something exciting in the works. I just had the first mold cast of my foot! pic.twitter.com/H2Du7HqX7p
— Jessica Cox (@jess_feet) May 16, 2019
Jessica Cox was born without both of her arms — but that didn’t stop her from becoming a pilot, diver, surfer and a black belt in Taekwondo.
“I’ve had role models and leaders … now it’s my responsibility to be the same for the next generation,” she says. pic.twitter.com/i1vBGhW1xo
— CNN (@CNN) May 4, 2019