- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Cristiano Ronaldo wins Serie A Player of the Year, becomes the first player to pick up the equivalent award in England, Spain, and Italy
Juventus striker, Cristiano Ronaldo has won the Serie A Player of the Year award in his first season in Italy. According to Goal, Ronaldo will be recognised for the award before the game against Atalanta on Sunday.
Ronaldo scored 21 goals in 30 league matches, picking up eight assists for Juventus this season. The Portuguese also picked up six goals in the Champions League, and a goal in the Supercoppa Italiana.
He is also the first player to pick up the equivalent award in England, Spain, and Italy.
Ahead of the announcement, Ronaldo took to Twitter on Saturday to wish Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, farewell.
Ronaldo wrote: ‘Thank you Mister! We lived a single year together but it was awesome because besides being a great coach you are a great man. It’s been a pleasure working with you!’
The head coach will be leaving the club before the start of next season in a decision Juventus president Andrea Agnelli said was ‘the toughest decision he has ever had to make.’