- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
We earlier reported the pandemonium that ensues in Kaduna after the scene created where a kidnapper was apprehended led to the killing of another innocent man by a police stray bullet.
Residents of Kawo community in the Kaduna metropolis on Monday burnt a suspected kidnapper and staged a protest, following alleged the killing of an “innocent man” by a policeman.
The protesters were seen burning tyres after barricading the highway leading from Kaduna to Zaria and Birnin-Gwari.
It was gathered that trouble started when Kawo residents at about 9 a.m. on Monday, received information that there were three people, attempting to abduct residents.
The residents immediately blocked roads leading in and out of the community and pursued the alleged kidnappers, catching one of them and burning him on the spot. One of the suspects was captured by the police.
According to reports, following the chaos, the police intervened to disperse the mob, shooting into the air and killing a man in the crowd in error, while three others sustained injuries.
See photos below.