- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
We earlier reported the pandemonium that ensues in Kaduna after the scene created where a kidnapper was apprehended led to the killing of another innocent man by a police stray bullet.
Residents of Kawo community in the Kaduna metropolis on Monday burnt a suspected kidnapper and staged a protest, following alleged the killing of an “innocent man” by a policeman.
The protesters were seen burning tyres after barricading the highway leading from Kaduna to Zaria and Birnin-Gwari.
It was gathered that trouble started when Kawo residents at about 9 a.m. on Monday, received information that there were three people, attempting to abduct residents.
The residents immediately blocked roads leading in and out of the community and pursued the alleged kidnappers, catching one of them and burning him on the spot. One of the suspects was captured by the police.
According to reports, following the chaos, the police intervened to disperse the mob, shooting into the air and killing a man in the crowd in error, while three others sustained injuries.
See photos below.