- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
Football legend, Iker Casillas’ wife reveals she’s battling ovarian cancer weeks after Spanish keeper’s heart attack
Sara Carbonero, the wife of Spain and Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas, has revealed she is fighting ovarian cancer. The Spanish presenter, 35, made the shock announcement via her Instagram page on Tuesday.
In an emotional post, the mother of two, wrote ‘When we hadn’t yet recovered from one shock, life has surprised us again. This time it’s me, that six-letter word I still struggle to write.
‘A few days ago during a check-up, doctors described a malignant ovarian tumour and I have been operated on.
‘Everything has turned out okay and fortunately we caught it in time but I’ve still got some months left fighting while I have the corresponding treatment.
‘I’m calm and confident everything is going to be okay. I know the road will be tough but will also have a happy ending.
‘I have the support of my family and friend and a great medical team.’
The TV sports journalist added: ‘I take advantage of this moment to ask that my journalist colleagues show the respect and understanding they have always shown me, especially in these difficult and delicate times for me and my family.’
The sad news comes days after her husband, Casillas, 38, suffered a heart attack while training with his club, Porto. He was rushed to hospital where he was brought into a stable condition and has since been discharged.