- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Onitsha building collapse: Contractor, 5 others feared dead
Six persons were on Wednesday feared dead in a building collapse at Ezenwa Street Onitsha, Anambra state after a four-storey building under construction collapsed.
A four-storey building under construction, located beside Fidelity bank, was said to have collapsed around 2 pm today.
According to eyewitnesses, the building lacks proper chaining of the columns of the pillars, coupled with the tiny rods used in the construction.
only one out of the seven victims was rescued alive, while the remaining six, including the contractor, were still entrapped hours after the collapse.
Meanwhile, the rescue team were digging the debris in search of the victims.