- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Onitsha building collapse: Contractor, 5 others feared dead
Six persons were on Wednesday feared dead in a building collapse at Ezenwa Street Onitsha, Anambra state after a four-storey building under construction collapsed.
A four-storey building under construction, located beside Fidelity bank, was said to have collapsed around 2 pm today.
According to eyewitnesses, the building lacks proper chaining of the columns of the pillars, coupled with the tiny rods used in the construction.
only one out of the seven victims was rescued alive, while the remaining six, including the contractor, were still entrapped hours after the collapse.
Meanwhile, the rescue team were digging the debris in search of the victims.