- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Reps Speakership: Court asked to disqualify Gbajabiamila from contesting
An Abuja Court has been asked to bar Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila from contesting Reps Speakership
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, was, on Wednesday, urged to bar a top contender of the Speakership of the 9th House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila from going ahead with his ambition.
It was also explained that the ground for the legal position against Gbajabiamila was because he was allegedly convicted by a United State of America Supreme Court for fraud.
The court was specifically asked not to allow the lawmaker to stand for the Speakership election, having been convicted for fraud to the of $25,000 in which he allegedly failed to disburse to his then client in 2003 in the US, where he was practising as a lawyer.
The plaintiff in the matter, Philip Undie joined alongside Gbajabiamila, House of Representatives, Attorney General of the Federation and the All Progressive Congress as defendants in the suit.
The plaintiff prayed the court for an order of injunction restraining the House of Representatives and APC from accepting the nomination of Gbajabiamila as an aspirant for the office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
He is also praying the court for an order of injunction stopping Gbajabiamila from parading himself as a member of the House of Representatives and also an aspirant for the office of the Speaker of the House.