- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
UniIlorin, ABU, UNIBEN top list of ‘most subscribed universities’ in 2018 — JAMB
University of Ilorin (UniIlorin) has bagged the ‘most-subscribed university’ by candidates in the 2018 admission exercise.
This was disclosed by the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Ishaq Oloyede, information at 2018 National Tertiary Admission’s Performance Merit Award held in Abuja, on Thursday.
Oloyede said a total of 86,401 candidates applied to UniIlorin in 2018.
According to him, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Kaduna State, with 74, 635 candidates, and University of Benin (Uniben) with 70, 322, emerged second and third most subscribed universities respectively, in 2018 admission exercise.
ABU Zaria was also rewarded as a university with the highest number of international students with 37 foreign students.
With eight and seven students, Universities of Maiduguri and Calabar, emerged second and third respectively.