- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
UniIlorin, ABU, UNIBEN top list of ‘most subscribed universities’ in 2018 — JAMB
University of Ilorin (UniIlorin) has bagged the ‘most-subscribed university’ by candidates in the 2018 admission exercise.
This was disclosed by the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Ishaq Oloyede, information at 2018 National Tertiary Admission’s Performance Merit Award held in Abuja, on Thursday.
Oloyede said a total of 86,401 candidates applied to UniIlorin in 2018.
According to him, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Kaduna State, with 74, 635 candidates, and University of Benin (Uniben) with 70, 322, emerged second and third most subscribed universities respectively, in 2018 admission exercise.
ABU Zaria was also rewarded as a university with the highest number of international students with 37 foreign students.
With eight and seven students, Universities of Maiduguri and Calabar, emerged second and third respectively.