- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
Student stabs his brother to death while fighting over ₦500
A boy has stabbed his brother to death as they fought over ?500 in Aba, Abia state. Chisom, a student of Abia State Polytechnic, and his brother, Joseph had a disagreement that involved money.
According to reports, Chisom went to their mother’s shop yesterday to ask Joseph for N500, but Joseph told him to meet their mother for it. This angered Chisom and he left the shop and went home. When Joseph retuned home at night, Chisom blocked him from entering the house. A fight ensued and Chisom produced a knife with which he stabbed Joseph to death.
Chisom was apprehended by residents the following morning and was later handed over to the police.
In a video shared online, youths in the area can be seen asking Chisom what happened at night that led to him killing his brother. The body of the deceased is seen lying on the floor beside Chisom as they were both surrounded by curious people wanting answers.
Some onlookers called Chisom names. A woman said he was “wicked” and another said it’s things like this that require “jungle justice.”