- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
Kidnapped RCCG pastor rescued in Edo
The suspects, who specialised in robbing residents and unsuspecting worshippers on a daily basis, swooped on the community as early as 7.30 am
The vigilantes and youths of Benin Technical College community in Benin, Edo State, on Sunday, apprehended a three-man kidnap gang who attempted to abduct a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
The pastor, simply identified as Pastor Ayo, is in charge of Ologbosere Parish, in Egor Local Government Area of the state.
Items allegedly recovered from the suspects include two double barrel-cut-to size guns, a Camry car and the Nissan SUV belonging to the RCCG pastor.
Effort to reach the RCCG pastor was unsuccessful as he was said to be receiving medical attention in an undisclosed hospital following injuries sustained during the kidnap attempt.
It was gathered that the timely intervention of the Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Mohammed DanMallam, saved the suspects from being lynched by angry youths in the community.
The suspects were later transferred from the Okhoro Divisional Police Station to the State police headquarters for further investigation.