- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Kidnapped RCCG pastor rescued in Edo
The suspects, who specialised in robbing residents and unsuspecting worshippers on a daily basis, swooped on the community as early as 7.30 am
The vigilantes and youths of Benin Technical College community in Benin, Edo State, on Sunday, apprehended a three-man kidnap gang who attempted to abduct a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
The pastor, simply identified as Pastor Ayo, is in charge of Ologbosere Parish, in Egor Local Government Area of the state.
Items allegedly recovered from the suspects include two double barrel-cut-to size guns, a Camry car and the Nissan SUV belonging to the RCCG pastor.
Effort to reach the RCCG pastor was unsuccessful as he was said to be receiving medical attention in an undisclosed hospital following injuries sustained during the kidnap attempt.
It was gathered that the timely intervention of the Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Mohammed DanMallam, saved the suspects from being lynched by angry youths in the community.
The suspects were later transferred from the Okhoro Divisional Police Station to the State police headquarters for further investigation.