- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Two-storey building collapse in Imo; four critically injured
A two-storey building, at Number 10, Amaram Extension Street, collapsed on Sunday, in what can be described as an unfortunate disaster, in Owerri, Imo State.
Reports have it that four persons, including a female occupant, were rescued from the debris.
A policeman who does not want his name in print, said:
“On arrival, we saw people already on a rescue mission. We quickly swung into action and rescued four persons.
“Two who are critically injured have been rushed to the hospital.”
An eyewitness said, “This building has remained uncompleted for over 20 years. This highly unfortunate.
“The blocks have soaked water, leading to its collapse. Surprisingly, the owner left this place about 15 minutes ago.”