- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Two-storey building collapse in Imo; four critically injured
A two-storey building, at Number 10, Amaram Extension Street, collapsed on Sunday, in what can be described as an unfortunate disaster, in Owerri, Imo State.
Reports have it that four persons, including a female occupant, were rescued from the debris.
A policeman who does not want his name in print, said:
“On arrival, we saw people already on a rescue mission. We quickly swung into action and rescued four persons.
“Two who are critically injured have been rushed to the hospital.”
An eyewitness said, “This building has remained uncompleted for over 20 years. This highly unfortunate.
“The blocks have soaked water, leading to its collapse. Surprisingly, the owner left this place about 15 minutes ago.”