- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Lagos guber: Sanwo-Olu wins at election petitions tribunal
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Monday floored his opponents at the Election Petition Tribunal.
Sanwo-Olu defeated the governorship candidates of Alliance for Democracy, AD, and Labour party, LP, Owolabi Salis and Prof. Ifagbemi Awamaridi, in the 2019 election at the tribunal.
Both Salis and Awamaridi had petitioned the tribunal over the election that led to the emergence of Sanwo-Olu as governor of Lagos State.
However, the tribunal threw out the petition against the governor for lack of substance.
A tweet by Sanwo-Olu’s Deputy Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, reads: “Breaking news: Lagos State Governor Mr. @jidesanwoolu floors AD and Labour Party’s Governorship candidates, Owolabi Salis and Prof. Ifagbemi Awamaridi at the Election Petition Tribunal. The Tribunal has thrown out their petitions for lack of substance.”