- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Taraba govt imposes curfew on Jalingo over crisis
Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba on Monday night imposed curfew on Jalingo following a fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC areas near Jalingo.
This was contained in a statement by Mr Bala Dan Abu, the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Media and Publicity.
According to the governor, the curfew will run from 4:00 pm to 6:00 am daily till further notice.
“In view of the fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC near Jalingo, the Taraba government has decided to impose a curfew on Jalingo and all the affected communities with immediate effect.
“The curfew is from 4:00pm to 6:00 am daily and it remains in force until further notice,” he said.
He noted that security agencies in the state had been directed to enforce the curfew strictly to ensure strict compliance and quick return of peace to the affected communities.