- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Taraba govt imposes curfew on Jalingo over crisis
Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba on Monday night imposed curfew on Jalingo following a fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC areas near Jalingo.
This was contained in a statement by Mr Bala Dan Abu, the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Media and Publicity.
According to the governor, the curfew will run from 4:00 pm to 6:00 am daily till further notice.
“In view of the fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC near Jalingo, the Taraba government has decided to impose a curfew on Jalingo and all the affected communities with immediate effect.
“The curfew is from 4:00pm to 6:00 am daily and it remains in force until further notice,” he said.
He noted that security agencies in the state had been directed to enforce the curfew strictly to ensure strict compliance and quick return of peace to the affected communities.