- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Taraba govt imposes curfew on Jalingo over crisis
Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba on Monday night imposed curfew on Jalingo following a fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC areas near Jalingo.
This was contained in a statement by Mr Bala Dan Abu, the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on Media and Publicity.
According to the governor, the curfew will run from 4:00 pm to 6:00 am daily till further notice.
“In view of the fresh outbreak of crisis in some communities in Kona and ATC near Jalingo, the Taraba government has decided to impose a curfew on Jalingo and all the affected communities with immediate effect.
“The curfew is from 4:00pm to 6:00 am daily and it remains in force until further notice,” he said.
He noted that security agencies in the state had been directed to enforce the curfew strictly to ensure strict compliance and quick return of peace to the affected communities.