- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
World Cup: Why Super Falcons celebrated Argentina vs Scotland result
The camp Nigeria’s Super Falcons erupted in joy after their chances of qualifying for FIFA Women’s World Cup Round of 16 were boosted on Wednesday.
The players sang and danced after England beat Japan 2-0, as Argentina fought back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 with Scotland.
The African champions will now be hoping to clinch one of the last two spots reserved for third-placed teams.
Two of the slots have already gone to China and Brazil and for the Super Falcons to qualify, New Zealand must hold Cameroon to a draw.
Also, Thailand, who have conceded 18 times already, should not lose by more than three goals to Chile.
If all the teams are tied at the end of the group matches, FIFA will then use Fair Play or goals scored/goals conceded, to decide the 16th team in the knockout stage.