- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Court Has No Jurisdiction For My Arrest Warrant, Says Innoson Boss
The Chairman of Innoson Motors, Mr Innocent Chukwuma, has described the warrant for his arrest by a Federal High Court in Lagos as an abuse of court process.
According to a statement signed by Mr Chukwuma, the order is a nullity and does not have any ground in law, adding that the court lacked the necessary jurisdiction.
“Firstly, there is no prima facie case against me. The charge was based on a suspected or trumped-up action as the charge on the said action has been discharged by the Court of Appeal.
“There was no notice of trial served to me in pursuant to the relevant laws which is the Administration of Criminal Justice Act.”
He explained that necessary steps have been taken to appeal the Order of Bench Warrant and filed an application to Stay the Execution of the Order.
Mr Chukwuma had been accused of altering clearance documents to a shipping Line, which was used as collateral for the purpose of obtaining a loan of N2.4 billion from Guaranty Trust bank Plc for the purpose of clearing raw materials, PVC for the production of roof ceiling and other imported items.
The case is pending before the Federal High Court, Lagos.