- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Wenger speaks on returning to management, EPL
Former Arsenal and Monaco boss, Arsene Wenger has ruled out an imminent return to management.
He, however, admitted that he was “more open” than he was a year ago to resuming his career.
Wenger, who recorded a hugely successful spell with English Premier League side, Arsenal, hinted that he might consider working in a different country.
The 69-year-old has been out of the game since ending his 22-year reign as Arsenal manager last summer.
Wenger has been regularly linked with vacancies all over Europe.
When asked if there was a chance he would be back on the sidelines this season, he told France 24, “Not in the near future, no. I still am not ready to go back. I thought ‘Yes’, but I don’t think at the moment I will come back.
“I’m more open now than a year ago to talk about that, but I cannot tell you that in the next two, three days, I will go into management again.
“I took a little bit of distance and I enjoyed it. I worked for 35 years without any interruptions, so I think I deserved a little rest.
“Well, I would prefer to try another country, although my preferred time was in England because the Premier League is the place to be at the moment.
“But for me, it’s very difficult because I have been for so long at the same club. But why not? I still need a bit of time to pass and then maybe make the decision.”