- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
AFCON 2019: Rohr speaks on use of VAR for quarter-final clash against South Africa
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr has welcomed the use of Video Assistant Referee (VAR) from the quarter-finals of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Speaking to reporters, Rohr stated that VAR will make a difference in the latter stages of the competition.
“The Video Assistant Referee will come into play in the quarter-final stage. On the goal we conceded, I am not sure there was a foul, Ighalo was pushed in the back and the foul was against us.
“It is good for the football and referee we have VAR, the only problem is the hand in the box.
“It will help everybody especially for the offside,” the German said.
At the 2018 World Cup against Argentina, the Super Eagles players were furious when Turkish referee, Cuneyt Cakir, failed to award a penalty after Marcos Rojo headed the ball onto his own arm.