- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Nollywood Veteran Actor, Jide Ogungbade is Dead
Another sad news has rocked the Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood. According to reports, a veteran actor, Jide Ogungbade has kicked the bucket.
Nicholas Babajide Ogungbade was a theatre director and broadcaster. He died on Tuesday 9th July in Lagos after battling with an undisclosed illness. The family announced his demise in a statement signed by Pastor Niyi Gbade and Ayotade Ogungbade.
Below are some facts about the veteran actor, Jide Ogungbade;
- He was born August 21, 1952, in Minna, Niger State, the native of Akoko-Ikare in Ondo State.
- He worked for over two decades as a drama producer with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria now Radio Nigeria
- He worked as a trainer at the Radio Nigeria Training School, Oshodi, Lagos
- He was a multi-talented artiste, who was also a poet, playwright, singer and music composer.
- He directed the famous Ajo Productions series of plays, which began in 1983 and culminated in the Ajo Festival of Plays in 1986.
- He was the assistant choir master of the Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church, District 6 (Ayo Ni o) located on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Lagos.
- He is survived by children, grandchildren and relatives.
May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.
Kindly drop your condolence messages in the comment section below and don’t forget to share.