- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Gov. Udom Emmanuel assigns portfolios to appointees [See list]
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has assigned portfolios to the 19 Commissioners and two Special Advisers, who were sworn into the State Executive Chambers on Thursday.
This was disclosed in a press statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary/SSA on Media to the governor, Mr Ekerete Udoh and made available to journalists in Uyo.
The following were the commissioners and their assigned offices: Mr. Akan Okon – Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Arc. Ime Okon Ekpo – Ministry Lands & Water Resources, Nse Udo Essien, PhD – Ministry of Education, Uwemedimo Thomas Nwoko, Esq – Ministry of Justice, Sir Monday Ebong Uko – Ministry of Youth and Sports, Mr. Nsikan Linus Nkan – Ministry of Finance, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh – Ministry of Special Duties, Ephraim Akparawa Inyangeyen – Ministry of Works, Barr. Ekong Sampson – Ministry of Environment and Petroleum Resources, Mr Charles Udoh – Ministry of Information, Hon. Orman Esin – Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Dr. Iniobong Essien – Ministry of Science and Technology.
Others included: Dr. Dominic Ukpong – Ministry of Health, Dr. Glory Edet – Ministry of Agriculture and Women Affairs, Hon. Udo Ekpenyong – Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Prince Ukpong Akpabio – Ministry of Trade and Investment, Rt. Hon. Chief Uno Etim Uno – Ministry of Transport and Solid Minerals, Otuekong Raphael Bassey – Ministry of Housing, Prof. Victor Bassey Inoka – Ministry of Labour and Manpower Planning.
The Special Advisers were: Pastor (Hon.) Sunday Ekanem Ibuot – Political & Legislative Affairs Bureau, Mrs Ekemini David Umoh – Bureau of Rural Development and Cooperatives.