- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Gov. Udom Emmanuel assigns portfolios to appointees [See list]
Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State has assigned portfolios to the 19 Commissioners and two Special Advisers, who were sworn into the State Executive Chambers on Thursday.
This was disclosed in a press statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary/SSA on Media to the governor, Mr Ekerete Udoh and made available to journalists in Uyo.
The following were the commissioners and their assigned offices: Mr. Akan Okon – Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport, Arc. Ime Okon Ekpo – Ministry Lands & Water Resources, Nse Udo Essien, PhD – Ministry of Education, Uwemedimo Thomas Nwoko, Esq – Ministry of Justice, Sir Monday Ebong Uko – Ministry of Youth and Sports, Mr. Nsikan Linus Nkan – Ministry of Finance, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh – Ministry of Special Duties, Ephraim Akparawa Inyangeyen – Ministry of Works, Barr. Ekong Sampson – Ministry of Environment and Petroleum Resources, Mr Charles Udoh – Ministry of Information, Hon. Orman Esin – Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Dr. Iniobong Essien – Ministry of Science and Technology.
Others included: Dr. Dominic Ukpong – Ministry of Health, Dr. Glory Edet – Ministry of Agriculture and Women Affairs, Hon. Udo Ekpenyong – Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Prince Ukpong Akpabio – Ministry of Trade and Investment, Rt. Hon. Chief Uno Etim Uno – Ministry of Transport and Solid Minerals, Otuekong Raphael Bassey – Ministry of Housing, Prof. Victor Bassey Inoka – Ministry of Labour and Manpower Planning.
The Special Advisers were: Pastor (Hon.) Sunday Ekanem Ibuot – Political & Legislative Affairs Bureau, Mrs Ekemini David Umoh – Bureau of Rural Development and Cooperatives.