- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Nigerian stand-up comedian and actor, Okey Bakassi has blamed it all on the Super Eagles’ goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi after Nigeria crashed out of the 2019 African Cup of Nations last night, losing to Algeria in the semi-finals match.
The Super Eagles fought back from a goal deficit in the second half to hold Djamel Belmadi’s men to a 1-1 draw until injury time. After four additional minutes in stoppage time, Riyad Mahrez rose to the occasion and scored a free-kick in the last minute of the game.
However reacting to Super Eagles’ loss, Okey Bakassi congratulated every other person on the team for their hard work except the goalkeeper.
He jokingly launched a campaign for a goalkeeper to be picked from Cotonou in the next edition of the football competition.
See his video came with the caption; @ng_supereagles minus goalkeeper you guys tried and we appreciate you. #afcon2019 #algnga