- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
“We’re proud of you all the time”- Atiku reacts to Super eagle’s loss
Former Nigerian vice president, Atiku Abubakar has praised the super eagle’s team for their wonderful performance in the ongoing AFCON despite failing to qualify for the finals.
He gave some words of encouragement to all the players of the team after the defeat on Sunday.
“Well done SuperEagles. We are forever proud of you. Though we didn’t make the finals, we stayed committed till the end,” Atiku said.
The Algerian national team knocked out the Super Eagles of Nigeria 2-1, to qualify for the final match against Senegal who had earlier defeated Tunisia by a lone goal.
Nigeria is now set to play in a 3rd place match against Tunisia on Wednesday at the Al-Salam Stadium in Cairo.
Recall Nigeria’s dream of a fourth AFCON title ended as Super Eagles lost 1-2 to Algeria in the second semi-final decided in Cairo on Sunday night.
Manchester City winger, Riyad Mahrez fired Algeria into the AFCON final with a sensational free-kick into the far corner in the dying seconds of the five added minutes to regulation time.
An own goal by William Troost Ekong gifted the Desert Foxes the lead while a Video Assistant Referee (VAR) earned Nigeria a penalty resulting from Aissa Mandi’s handling of Oghenekaro Etebo volley from outside the box.