- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
“We’re proud of you all the time”- Atiku reacts to Super eagle’s loss
Former Nigerian vice president, Atiku Abubakar has praised the super eagle’s team for their wonderful performance in the ongoing AFCON despite failing to qualify for the finals.
He gave some words of encouragement to all the players of the team after the defeat on Sunday.
“Well done SuperEagles. We are forever proud of you. Though we didn’t make the finals, we stayed committed till the end,” Atiku said.
The Algerian national team knocked out the Super Eagles of Nigeria 2-1, to qualify for the final match against Senegal who had earlier defeated Tunisia by a lone goal.
Nigeria is now set to play in a 3rd place match against Tunisia on Wednesday at the Al-Salam Stadium in Cairo.
Recall Nigeria’s dream of a fourth AFCON title ended as Super Eagles lost 1-2 to Algeria in the second semi-final decided in Cairo on Sunday night.
Manchester City winger, Riyad Mahrez fired Algeria into the AFCON final with a sensational free-kick into the far corner in the dying seconds of the five added minutes to regulation time.
An own goal by William Troost Ekong gifted the Desert Foxes the lead while a Video Assistant Referee (VAR) earned Nigeria a penalty resulting from Aissa Mandi’s handling of Oghenekaro Etebo volley from outside the box.