- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
AFCON 2019: Another head coach sacked after country’s elimination from tournament
Clarence Seedorf has been sacked as head coach of Cameroon, the country’s Football Federation has confirmed, according to Insideworldfootball.
This decision was reached on Tuesday, after Cameroon’s Sports Minister, Narcisse Mouelle Kombi declared on state television, CRTV, that Seedorf would not continue as head coach of the Indomitable Lions with immediate effect because “he is not fit for the job”.
During their outing at the 2019 AFCON, Cameroon managed a win and two draws in Group F.
They finished in the second position behind leaders, Ghana.
Cameroon qualified for the Round of 16 but was defeated 3-2 by Nigeria.
“I feel disappointment, obviously,” said Seedorf after the elimination from AFCON. “Also some anger, because I felt we were a little tense at a few moments. But I have to appreciate the fighting spirit of my team; the players have done everything they could today.”
This is coming after Guinea on Monday sacked Paul Put as head coach of the country’s national team.