- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
AFCON 2019: Coach sacked after elimination from tournament
Paul Put has been sacked as head coach of Guinea, the country’s Football Federation has confirmed.
The decision was reached on Monday, after a meeting with the Ministry of Sports and the country’s football governing body.
Put took charge in March 2018 and helped the Syli Nationale qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, as group leaders ahead of Ivory Coast, Central African Republic and Rwanda.
During their outing at the AFCON, Guinea managed a win, a draw and a loss in Group B.
They qualified for the Round of 16 as one of the best losers, but were thrashed 3-0 by Algeria.