- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
AFCON 2019: Coach sacked after elimination from tournament
Paul Put has been sacked as head coach of Guinea, the country’s Football Federation has confirmed.
The decision was reached on Monday, after a meeting with the Ministry of Sports and the country’s football governing body.
Put took charge in March 2018 and helped the Syli Nationale qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, as group leaders ahead of Ivory Coast, Central African Republic and Rwanda.
During their outing at the AFCON, Guinea managed a win, a draw and a loss in Group B.
They qualified for the Round of 16 as one of the best losers, but were thrashed 3-0 by Algeria.