- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has reportedly made up his mind about the goalkeeper that will start their Africa Cup of Nations third-place playoff against Tunisia today.
According to the team’s ex-media officer, Colin Udoh, the German will bring Francis Uzoho back into his starting XI.
“Gernot Rohr confirmed today that the other two players who have not played at this tournament will feature, even if they don’t start.
“That means we will see Uzoho and victor osimhen in action tomorrow,” Udoh tweeted.
Uzoho has dropped down to third place in the pecking order, despite manning the posts for Nigeria at the World Cup just one year ago.
With the Eagles already qualified for the Round of 16 after two group fixtures, Rohr opted to start Ikechukwu Ezenwa in the 2-0 defeat to Madagascar.
Rohr had hinted in his Tuesday’s press conference, that Uzoho might against the Carthage Eagles.
The 66-year-old also confirmed captain John Mikel Obi has suffered a fresh injury setback and is ruled out of the clash.
Mikel Obi, who is likely to retire after the AFCON, played two matches in the tournament.