- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Nigeria vs Tunisia: Rohr to drop Akpeyi, Mikel Obi ruled out
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has reportedly made up his mind about the goalkeeper that will start their Africa Cup of Nations third-place playoff against Tunisia today.
According to the team’s ex-media officer, Colin Udoh, the German will bring Francis Uzoho back into his starting XI.
“Gernot Rohr confirmed today that the other two players who have not played at this tournament will feature, even if they don’t start.
“That means we will see Uzoho and victor osimhen in action tomorrow,” Udoh tweeted.
Uzoho has dropped down to third place in the pecking order, despite manning the posts for Nigeria at the World Cup just one year ago.
With the Eagles already qualified for the Round of 16 after two group fixtures, Rohr opted to start Ikechukwu Ezenwa in the 2-0 defeat to Madagascar.
Rohr had hinted in his Tuesday’s press conference, that Uzoho might against the Carthage Eagles.
The 66-year-old also confirmed captain John Mikel Obi has suffered a fresh injury setback and is ruled out of the clash.
Mikel Obi, who is likely to retire after the AFCON, played two matches in the tournament.