- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
NYSC speaks on corps members receiving N30,000 wage from July
The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, has debunked the information that corps members will start receiving the N30,000 new minimum wage as their monthly allowance from July.
Brig. Gen. Ibrahim told PRNigeria on Wednesday that the NYSC management was yet to receive any directive from the government concerning minimum wage or increment in corps members’ allowance.
“When there is an increment and we have been notified, we will communicate the heartwarming decision to our corps members through appropriate channels.
“And certainly, the management will make sure that our corps members are paid according to the new increment.” he said.
The NYSC boss urged the general public to disregard fake Twitter posts bearing his identity.
He appealed to corps members to use verifiable social media accounts of the scheme when seeking information to avoid being misinformed by purveyors of fake news.