- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Presidential Tribunal: INEC finally obeys court order, grants Atiku, PDP’s requests
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its presidential candidate in the last election, Atiku Abubakar were on Thursday granted one of their requests at the Presidential Election Tribunal.
Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, finally presented before the court cartons of documents as requested by the PDP and Atiku.
The lawyer to the PDP and Atiku (petitioners), Chris Uche, SAN, received documents contained in about 45 cartons, brought to the court’s sitting venue on Thursday.
On Wednesday, the court had insisted that the INEC Chairman, Prof Mahmood Yakubu and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Zamfara State honour the request for the production of the documents listed in the subpoenas served on them by the court’s registry, upon an application by the petitioners.
PDP and Atiku’s lawyer, Uche told journalists, after the court’s proceedings on Thursday, that the petitioners will formally tender the documents on Friday when they are expected to close their case.